Living in Georgia obviously means that the heat of the summer season is more intense than the cold of the winter. While other areas of the country still have a lot more winter to “look forward to,” those of us in this area are already anticipating the return of warm weather. Before long, of course, we’ll be reminded once again of just how oppressively hot and humid the weather can be here during the summer months. If you are thinking about replacing your air conditioner in Rome, GA, now is the time to start taking that consideration seriously.
There are various home cooling systems out there to choose from, so you really want to know that you are choosing the right one for your needs and for your personal user preferences. When you work with the professional AC technicians on our team, you can count on complete satisfaction with your new air conditioner. We’ve got a few tips to help you get started.
1. Why Consider a Replacement?
One question that we tend to hear from customers before the season really starts to warm up is when they should start thinking about an air conditioning replacement to begin with. If you think that waiting for your system to break down completely is the way to go, think again. While we understand that you want to get the greatest return possible on your investment, waiting for a complete breakdown is only going to leave you without cooling when you need it most.
Consider replacing your AC if:
- Your system is getting very old, or if it is already beyond its expected lifespan.
- Your system is costing more and more to run despite regular maintenance.
- Your system is not of the design type that you’d choose for yourself.
- Your system is not capable of cooling your home effectively and evenly.
- Your system is in need of repairs frequently.
2. What Are My Replacement Options?
Sometimes homeowners seem to think that they have to stick with a given system just because it’s what they’ve always used in their homes. This couldn’t be further from the truth, however. That is why it is so important that you do your research and that you choose your new air conditioner carefully. Only then will you enjoy true satisfaction with your air conditioning system.
- Central Air Conditioners: This is the most common type of whole-home cooling system, and with good reason. The central air conditioner is a powerful workhorse, and will cool your home reliably as long as it is properly sized, professionally installed, and routinely maintained. These systems use ductwork in order to distribute cooled air throughout the house.
- Ductless Systems: A ductless mini split is a great option for homeowners without existing ductwork in their homes. Of course, it’s also a great option for homeowners interested in versatility and efficiency. Ductless mini splits use heat pump technology in order to provide both heating and cooling, and their individual blowers allow for easy zone control and great energy efficiency.
- Heat Pumps: The traditional air-source heat pump is well worth your consideration, especially if you already have ductwork in your home but want to take advantage of heat pump technology. By transferring heat out of your home just like an AC in the summer, and transferring heat into your home in the winter, the heat pump lets you live in great comfort with great affordability.
Schedule your AC replacement with Moody Heating and Air Conditioning.