Many homeowners tend to minimize the importance of indoor air quality, and often do not understand the implications that poor indoor air quality has on their home, their health, and their comfort. Of course, we understand just how easy it can be to get used to our environment, which is why many people don’t even know they’re suffering from poor indoor air quality in the first place. This is where we come in!
Below, we have listed some of the signs that suggest you’re dealing with poor indoor air quality in your home, why it matters, and how to fix it. All you have to do is keep reading to find out more.
Do You Have Poor Indoor Air Quality?
There are a number of signs that suggest you’re dealing with poor IAQ in your home:
- Worsening allergy symptoms
- Frequent illness
- Lots of dust
- Mold growth
- Uneven cooling or heating
- Higher energy bills
Why It Matters
When you invest in the right indoor air quality systems and services, you’ll benefit in a number of ways:
- Improved Efficiency: Dust, dirt, and debris can block your air conditioner’s air filter and ventilation system, making it much harder for it to do its job properly. When your AC has to work harder than usual, it is likely to become inefficient. This, of course, will force the system to use more energy, thus increasing your monthly bills. But, with the right systems in place, your air conditioning in Cartersville, GA will work much more efficiently, saving you lots of money in the long run.
- Better Health: Indoor air contaminants like allergens, viruses, and mold spores can definitely impact your health, making you more prone to worsening allergy symptoms and illnesses. Therefore, eliminating these contaminants from your indoor air can dramatically improve your health.
- More Comfort: When you’ve got an indoor air quality issue on your hands, you will find hot and cold spots popping up all over your home, making it quite difficult to get comfortable. If this is the case, it’s likely that your ductwork needs to be cleared out.
What You Can Do About It
If you are dealing with poor indoor air quality in your home, do not hesitate to contact a local HVAC professional to recommend the proper indoor air quality systems and services. Here at Moody Heating & Air, we install and service:
- Air Filtration Systems: These mesh air filters are placed inside the ductwork of your HVAC system to trap dirt and debris as they pass through the system.
- Air Purifiers: Air purifiers are used to trap and eliminate smaller contaminants from your indoor air. UV Light Purifiers are used to eliminate biological contaminants, like germs and bacteria.
- Dehumidifiers: These systems are used to lower the humidity level in your home by removing excess moisture from the air.
- Humidifiers: These systems are used to increase the humidity level in your home by adding more moisture to the air.
- Heat and Energy Recovery Ventilators: HRVs and ERVs allow fresh air inside of your home without jeopardizing efficiency, as they pre-cool and pre-heat incoming air so that your HVAC systems do not have to work as hard.
To schedule your indoor air quality services, contact Moody Heating & Air today!